I absolutely love designer clothing but can only afford to buy on sale or second hand. My wardrobe is therefore a mix of high street brands (especially Zara) with some designer items thrown in for good measure.
Last year I decided to buy less items but better quality and it seems to be working for me.
Since the price tag is higher I consider what I buy very carefully and tend to pick more timeless pieces which will last several seasons. I occasionally miss out on some items because I wait for the sales but so far there have very been few regret buys.
The items above are on sale at the moment so maybe you could snap yourself a nice little wardrobe piece too:
1. &Daughter slouch sweater at Matches
2. T by Alexander Wang linen & silk tank top at Matches
3. MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela slim denim pant at Steven Alan
4. Smythson Panama leather box clutch at Matches
5. Giles & Brother Spike railroad cuff at The Outnet
6. Pour la Victoire Yaya sandals at Nieman Marcus.